School Readiness Program
The School Readiness Program offers quality early learning experiences to young children with the goal of preparing them for later school success. Because we envision a Northwest Florida where all children receive world class early education and care thereby being fully prepared to learn upon entering kindergarten, we work to ensure that all participating providers offer quality programs that meet or exceed the requirements of law. School Readiness providers offer programs that include:
- Research-based early learning activities and instruction
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Literacy programs
- Character development programs
- Individual education plans
- Healthy and safe environments
- Appropriate staff-to-child ratios
- Personnel with required qualifications
- Family-friendly environment that supports parent involvement opportunities
- Parent support services
The School Readiness Program is open to qualifying children that apply through the single point of entry. As funding becomes available, children are placed in the program per the Coalition’s established priorities. Families are assigned a copay based on the Coalition’s sliding fee scale.
Need to Enroll Your Child in School Readiness?
Do you need assistance with child care? Use the red button below to enroll your child in School Readiness. Use the blue button (“Need help applying?”) below for an informational guide to help you apply for services. Make sure you keep your contact information up to date so we can reach out to you when services are available.