To complete screenings in Spanish click the following developmental screening: General Development or Social-Emotional Development
Also available is the Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers, Revised with Follow-Up(M-CHAT R/F) and a Pediatric Symptom Checklist for children up to age 8, call 2-1-1 and ask to speak with a Help Me Grow Program Specialist to complete one today!
- To understand what milestones your children can and should be reaching as they grow.
- To be able to identify your children’s strengths better.
- To give you ways to talk to your doctor or other professionals about your concerns with your children.
- To track your children’s progress over time – a simple way to “journal” their milestone achievement.
- To give you new ideas to use in play with your children and make this time more useful in their development.
WHAT IS A DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENER?
- A tested tool to ensure proper measurement of developmental milestones seen in all children as they grow.
- Questionnaires are available to all parents and providers to monitor children as they grow.
- A tool to capture children’s developmental patterns early helps boost later life outcomes.
THE AGES & STAGES QUESTIONNAIRE
- Help Me Grow Florida uses the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ 3) for general development and the Ages & Stages Questionnaire: Social-Emotional (ASQ SE) for social-emotional screenings.
- All screenings are to be completed by the parent; parents are the experts of their children.
For general development, the questionnaire asks six milestone questions in five developmental areas:
The ability to communicate by comprehension (what children understand) and expression (what children can say).
The way children use large muscle groups, like their legs and arms, to move around.
The way children coordinate the movement of their hands and fingers.
The way children play with objects to solve problems.
Children’s abilities for self-care and interact with other people.